MCQsFoundry.com brings to you 500+ 10th Standard Biology Mcqs which are new and latest. These Mcqs are never published on internet so far. For full information about all PPSC / FPSC / CSS / PMS latest jobs visit theiteducation.com
|01||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 10||02||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 11|
|03||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 12||04||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 13|
|05||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 14||06||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 15|
|07||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 16||08||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 17|
|09||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 18||10||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 19|
|11||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 20||12||10th Class Biology Mcqs Chapter 21|
Encircle the most appropriate answer from the following options :
1. the method of gaseous exchange involves:
(a) Breakdown of C-H bonds to yield energy
(b) Physical moves that take air inside and outside of body
(c) Getting oxygen from the air and removing CO2
(d) movement of oxygen by the blood to different parts of the body
2. Most of the gaseous exchange In the leaf occurs through:
(b) General surface
3. How much bronchi are there within the air passageway?
4. Where does the gaseous. exchange occurring in humans?
5. Which structure actively help In taking the air out of lungs.
(a) nasal cavity
6. the first chemical stimulus for breathing is that the concentration of;
(a) CO2 in blood
(b) Oxygen in blood
(c) Carbon dioxide in muscles
(d) Oxygen in muscles
7. indicate the Untrue statement about respiration.
(a) Gases can easily undergo the walls of the alveoli
(b) Gas exchange in lungs is extremely efficient because lungs provide large area
(c) In emphysema, the walls of alveoli damage and there is more surface area
(d) Dust particles can spoil the lung by irritating the inner alveoli surface
8. A disease involving the breakdown of air sacs of the lungs is known as ;
9. Which among the following process does not occur in the nasal cavity?
(a) Trapping of large dust particles
(b) Humidification of the inhaled air
(c) Warming of the inhaled air
(d) Exchange of gases
10. Which type of blood vessels surround the alveoli?
11. In which of the following gaseous exchanges occurs through stomata?
(a) Leaves and young stems
(b) Woody stems and mature roots
(c) young roots
(d) aquatic plants
12. In humans and other higher animals, the exchange of gases is carried out by:
(b) Respiratory surface
(c) Air passageway
13. The length of trachea is:
(a) 10 cm
(b) 12 cm
(c) 22 cm
(d) 20 cm
14. C-shaped cartilaginous rings are present in the wall of;
15. How many pairs of ribs are there in human body?
16. How many lobes are present in right lung of a human body ?
17. Which of the following is called voice box?
18. The normal breathing rate in human being is:
(a) 10-40 times per minute
(b) 16-20 times per minute
(c) 30-40 times per minute
(d) None of these
19. During exercise or other hard physical works the breathing rate may increase up to:
(a) 30 – 40 times per minute
(b) 50 – 60 times per minute
(c) 50-55 times per minute
(d) 60-70 times per minute
20. Amount of oxygen in expired air is:
21. Amount of carbon dioxide in inspired air is:
22. Amount of nitrogen in expired air is:
(c) 79% .
(d) 4% .
23. Cough, mild wheezing, fever, chills and shortness of breath (especially when doing hard job) are symptoms of which among the following :
24. In which of the following disease, the patient has usually lost 50% to 70% of his/ her lung tissue when symptoms appears?
25. Pneumonia is an infection of:
(b) Digestive system
26. Which one is the form of allergy?
(d) Lung cancer
27. When the “World No Tobacco Day” is celebrated?
(a) 30 June
(b) 31 June
(c) 11 January
28. Smoking may also lead to the cancers in:
(a) Kidneys and pancreas
(b) Oral cavity and larynx
(c) Breast and bladder
(d) All of the above
29. The destruction of wall of alveoli is called:
30. The inflammation of bronchior bronchioles is called:
31. Which remains unaffected in expired air?
(d) Water vapours
32. In developing world smoking has:
(b) Risen by 5.4%
(c) No effect
(d) Risen by 3.4%
33. In young stems and leaves some gaseous exchange occurs through
(a) Leaf petioles
(c) Leaf petioles and cuticle
34. Exchange of gases occurs through lenticels in;
(a) Woody stems
(b) Mature roots
(c) Woody stems and mature roots
(d) Young stems
35. Gases diffuse by general surface in:
(a) All stems
(b) Young roots
(c) All leaves
(d) Mature roots
36. Air passageway starts from:
(c) Trachea .
37. A flap of tissue which guards glottis is:
38. Temperature of expired air is:
(c) Equal to the body temperature
(d) Equal to external environment
39. Cluster of pouches found in respiratory system:
40. Lungs are organ which are;
(c) Spongy and elastic
41. Dusky or purplish skin colour is a symptom of:
42. Total chemicals in tobacco smoke are:
43. Tooth loss is __ times higher in smokers than in non-smokers.
(a) 2-5 times
(b) 1-2 times
(c) 2-3 times
(d) 4-5 times
44. Which of the following lessens the oxygen carrying capacity of haemoglobin?
(b) Carbon dioxide
(d) Carbon monoxide
45. A powerful poison which damages brain is:
(d) Carbon monoxide
46. Function of pleural membrane is to:
(a) Hold the lungs in their correct position in cavity .
(b) Help to increase the volume of cavity during respiration
(c) Increase volume of chest
(d) Secrete to help the lungs
47. Which one takes deoxygenated blood towards lungs
(a) Pulmonary artery
(c) Superior Vena cava
(d) Pulmonary vein
48. Asthma is caused by:
(b) Vitamin B-12 deficiency
(c) Vitamin C deficiency
(d) Vitamin K deficiency
49. Some viral (Influenza virus) and fungal infections may also lead to:
(c) Lung cancer .
50. A thick muscular structure present below the lungs is called:
51. The main cause of lung cancer is:
(b) Viral infection
(c) Bacterial infection
(dy Both viral and bacterial infection
52. Passive smoking in non-smokers has increased heart rate by:
53. Percentage of Co, in exhaled air during breathing is:
54. Rate of breathing depends upon concentration of which gas in the blood? (a) Oxygen
(b) Carbon dioxide