EXCISE & TAXATION INSPECTOR (BS-14) – 2016
1. The World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) conference was conducted on 23-24 May, 2016 in
(A) Cairo Egypt
(B) New York, USA
(C) Istanbul, Turkey
(D) Paris, France
2. Which punishment was introduced(started) by Hazrat Umar (RA)?
(D) Cutting of hands
3. Bhagat Singh was hanged by the British in which sity of Pakistan.
(B) Faisalabad (Lyalipur)
4. Secretary General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki Moon, belongs(connects) to which country?
(A) Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
(B) Republic of Korea
5. What is the national game (sport) of Pakistan?
6. What is the name of the current(present) Federal Tax Ombudsman of Pakistan?
(A) -Salman Faraqui
(B) Tariq Bajwa
(C) Shoaib Suddle
(D) Abdur Rauf Chaudhry
7. A Barometer is a device(gadget) used to measure
(B) Atmospheric Pressure
(c) Room Temperature
(D) Salt in sea water
8. Name the Prime Minister of Turkey who resigned(left) early in May 2016.
(A) Binali Yildrim
(B) Ahmet Davutoglu
(C) Racep Tayyip Erdogan
(D) Abdullah Gul
9. If 30 per cent of a number is 12.6, find(choose) the number?
10. If 10 cats catch 10 rats In 10 second. How many cats are required(got) to catch 100 rats in 100 second?
11. Which night’s “Ibadat”, during the month of Ramadan, is considered(thought) better than “Ibadat of thousand months?
(D) None of these
12. The disease Diphtheria affects(cause) which part of human body?
13. Which Pakistani personality(character) has served as the President of the UN General Assembly?
(A) AS (Patras) Bokhari
(B) Sir Zafarullah Khan
(C) Agha Shahi
(D) Dr. Maleeha Lodhi
14. Who is the author(writer) of the Book “Kashmir-A Disputed Legacy”?
(A) Alistair Lamb
(B) Josef Korbel
(C) Lawrence Ziring
(D) Dr. Akbar S. Ahmad
15. Prince Dara Shikoh was son of which Mughal Emperor(king)?
16. Which of the following is used for disinfection(cleansing) of water?
17. What is the Antonym(opposite) of Paucity?
18. There are 8 mango trees in a straight line. Distance between(among) each tree is 3 meters. What is the distance between(mid) the first tree and the eighth tree?
19. Before giving up singing Junaid Jamshed was part(partner) of which music group?
(B) Vital Signs
20. What is the Antonym(opposite) of Opaque?
21. When a gas is turned into a liquid the process is known(called) as:
22. Hijra (Migration) from Makkah to Madina started(initated) in which Nabvi year?
23. The All India Muslim League Resolution of “Divide and Quit” in 1943 was in response(answer) to
(A) “Quit India movement of the Congress
(B) Nehru Report
(C) Arya Samaj
(D) Moplah Revolt
24. Simplify the equation 5 + 2 x 6÷3 (2) =?
25. Where is the Mughal Emperor(king) Zaheer-ud-Din Babar buried?
(C) Ajmer Sharif
26. “Qissa Sohni Mahiwal was written(penned) by?
(A) Waris Shah
(B) Mian Muhammad Baksh
(C) Fazal Shah
(D) Shah Hussain
27. When was the 1st Constituent Assembly dissolved(softened) by Governor General Ghulam Muhammad?
28. find the next number series 4,9,13, 22, 35?
29. Who was the author(writer) of the book “Daughter of the East”?
(A) Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah
(B) Begum Shaista Ikramullah
(C) Ayesha Jalal
(D) Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto
30. Who was the captain(leader) of Pakistan’s Cricket team which won the T-20 championship in 2009?
(A) Muhammad Hafeez
(c) Shahid Afridi
(D) Younus Khan
31. Which Commander-in-Chief of the Pakistan Army also concurrently served (assisted)as Defence Minister in the Cabinet?
(A) Gen. Frank Maservy
(B) Gen. Ayub Khan
(C) Gen Yahya Khan
(D) Gen. Jahangir Karamat
32. Name the largest mammal in the world?
(D) Blue Whale
33. In which province is the town Dalbandin located(located)?
(c) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
34. Complete the Proverb(idioms) “A friend in need is a friend___
(A) Not enemy
(B) Of others
(D) Of course
35. In which district is the archaeological site located?
36. The 1857 War of Independence started(initiated) from:
37. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy won an Oscar Award(prize) for the second time for her documentary movie titled
(A) Saving Face
(B) Road to Forgiveness Solution:
(C) In the Line of Duty
(D) A Girl in the River
38. Complete the Idiom/proverb) “Every cloud has a silver ____
39. In which year did Pakistan successful to win its 1st Olympic Hockey Gold Medal?
40. Solve the equation 9 – 3÷1/3 + 1 =? Answer is.
41. The Proverb is “Birds of feather ___together”.
42. The highest Military Award(prize) for bravery is Nishan-e-Haider, which is the second highest?
43. Complete the Proverb /idiom”Fortune favors the ____
44. In which battle(jung) a tooth (or part of it according to some sources/ways ) of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) was broken?
(C) Badr Harappa
45. What come next… 11. 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41……?
46. Who has recently(previously) been selected as the Coach for Pakistan Cricket Team?
(A) Mickey Arthur
(B) Geoff Lawson
(C) Bob Woolmer
(D) Dave Whatmore
47. The second (OIC) Islamic Summit Conference was held(conduct) in Lahore in
48. Hazrat Imam Hussain’s (R.A) title(tag) was
(D) None of these
49. What was the name of Hazrat Umar’s (R.A) daughter who became the 4rth wife of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)?
(A) Hazrat Hafsa (RA)
(B) Hazrat Zainab (RA)
(C) Hazrat Safiya (RA)
(D) Hazrat Maimoona (RA)
50. After the succession of East Pakistan to Bangladesh, General Yahya Khan, CMLA, Resigned (left) on
(A) 17 Dec. 1971
(B) 18 Dec, 1971
(C) 19 Dec. 1971
(D) 20 Dec. 1971
51. In which year did Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah contest(competition) the Presidential election?
52. In which year India carry out its 1st Nuclear Test?
53. Pakistan protested against construction(formed) of Baglihar Dam because?
(A) It was violation of Shimla Agreement
(B) It was violation of LOC
(C) It was violation of Indus Water Treaty
(D) It was in violation of the UN Charter
54. What is the Synonym(meaning) of Grisly?
55. Among (between)the following, which is the oldest English language newspaper of Pakistan?
(B) The News
(C) The Nation
(D) Daily Times
56. In a row(queue) a student is standing 13th from the right and 8th from the left. How many students are there in total?
57. What was the former(founder) name of Sahiwal?
(A) Fort Munro
58. What is the Antonym(opposite) of Haughty?
59. Who designed(planned) the National Flag of Pakistan?
(A) Chaudhry Rehmat Ali
(B) Liaqat Ali Khan
(C) Hafeez Jallandhri
(D) Ammer-ud-Din Kidwai
60. Which of the following is not a natural(usual) fiber?
61. Recently(previously) Panama Papers have been in the news. Please name the firm from whose database millions of files were leaked(viral) to the media?
(A) Mossack Fonseca
(B) Goldman Sachs
(C) Leblanc and Williams
(D) None of these
62. What is the Synonym(meaning) of Pragmatic?
63. After the death of Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour who has been chosen(select) as their Leader by the Taliban?
(A) Mullah Fazluliah
(B) Maulvi Haibatullah Akhunzada
(C) Sirajuddin Haggani
(D) Zabihullah Mujahid
64. Who is the current(present) Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board?
(A) Ejaz Butt
(B) Shaharyar Khan
(C) Najam Sethi
(D) Ramiz Raja
65. Which of the following is the second source(ways) of Islamic laws?
66. According to the 1973 Constitution Governor of a Province is appointed(selected) by:
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Provincial Assembly
(D) Chief Minister
67. If two angles of a triangle are 60 degree each what is the value(power) of the third angle”?
(A) 45 degrees
(B) 50 degrees
(c) 60 degrees
(D) 65 degrees
68. The uncle of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), Hazrat Hamza (RA) embraced(welcomed) Islam in
(A) 4th Nabvi
(B) 5th Nabvi
(c) 6th Nabvi
(D) 7th Nabvi
69. Following devastating floods, Pakistan, on 24 May, 2016, dispatched relief(aid) goods and a mobile hospital to which country in South Asia?
(B) Sri Lanka
70. Pakistan has recently applied(joined) to become a member of the NSG. What does NSG stand for?
(A) Nuclear Suppliers Group
(B) Nuclear Support Group
(C) Nuclear Strategic Group
(D) Non-Nuclear Suppliers Group
71. Who has written(penned) the famous national song “Sohni Dharti Allah Rakhe”?
(A) Sufi Tabbasum
(B) Jamil-ud-Din Aali
(C) Masroor Anwar
(D) Ahmad Faraz
72. What is the common(usual) name for Sodium Chloride?
(B) Baking Soda
73. What is the Antonym(opposite) of Virtue?
74. Who was the first person to be awarded(prize) the Nishan-e-Haider?
(A) Maj. Raja Aziz Bhatti
(B) Capt. Raja Muhammad Sarwar
(C) Maj. Shabbir Sharif
(D) Pilot Officer Rashed Minhas
75. The Urdu-Hindi controversy is said to be the forerunner(sign) of the Two Nation Theory. When did this controversy begin? Solution:
76. Who is the current(present) Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
(A) Qazi Khalilullah
(B) Tasneem Aslam
(c) Abdul Basit
(D) Nafees Zakariya
77. In terms(condition) of area, which is the largest district of Punjab?
(B) Dera Ghazi Khan
(C) Rahimyar Khan
78. When did Quaid-e-Azam resign(left) from the Congress?
79. What is the retirement age of a Judge of Supreme Court in Pakistan?
(A) 60 years
(B) 65 years
(C) 67 years
(D) 70 years
80. “I was surprised(amazing) by the large _people who came”
(A) Quantity of
(B) Number of
(C) Amount of
(D) Total of
81. Removal of top soil by wind or water is called(known)?
(C) Water logging
82. Who was the first Muslim Commander-in Chief of Pakistan Air Force( army)?
(A) Air Marshall Asghar Khan
(B) Air Marshall Noor Khan
(c) Air Marshall Abdul Rahim Khan
(D) Air Marshall Zafar Chaudhry
83. Which Article in the 1973 constitution(structure) deals(contracts) with Jammu and Kashmir?
84. The concept(idea) of Carbon Credits originated from which of the following?
(A) Earth Summit, Rio de Janeiro
(B) Kyoto Protocol
(C) Montreal Protocol
(D) Conference of Parties (COP) 19
85. What is the Synonym(meaning) of Frugal?
86. Wana’ is the main town(area) of which Agency in FATA?
(D) South Waziristan
87. Who succeeded President(leader) Zia-ul-Haq as the President of Pakistan?
(A) Rafiq Tarar
(B) Ghulam Ishaq Khan
(C) Farooq Leghari
(D) Fazal Élahi Chaudhry
88. What is the Synonym(meaning) of imminent?
89. Richter Scale(device) is used to measure the intensity(power) of?
90. Mangla Dam is constructed(built) on river:
91۔میر تقی میر کس شہر میں پیدا ہوئے؟
- اکبر آباد
92۔”ہو نہار بروا کے چکنے چکنے پات” اس ضرب المثل سے کیا مراد ہے؟
- بچے کی ہر بات پیاری لگتی ہے
- ہونہار بچہ ہر جگہ کامیاب ہوتا ہے
- ہنر مند کبھی ناکام نہیں ہوتا
- ہنر مند بچپن ہی سے پہچانا جاتا ہے
93۔علامہ اقبال کا مزار کس شہر میں واقع ہے؟
94۔شاعری کی صنف “ہائیکو “کا تعلق کس ملک سے ہے؟
95۔ان میں سے کون سا ناول مرزا ہادی رسو کا ہے؟
- ا مرآو جان ادا
- فسانہ آزاد
- خیا لستان
- علی پور کا ایلی
96۔” پکانی کھیرہوگیادلیہ” ضرب المثل سے کیا مراد ہے ؟
- بنا بنایا کام بگڑ جانا
- شیخی خور آدمی کو شرمندہ کرنا
- اچھے کام کا برا نتیجہ نکلنا
- دونوں A,B
97۔فیض احمد فیض کو” لینن پرائز” کب ملا؟
98۔ملی اور قومی شاعری کے بانی کون سے شاعر ہیں؟
- الطاف حسین حالی
- مرزا غالب
- ابراہیم ذوق
- اختر جعفری
99۔رباعی میں کتنے مصرعے ہوتے ہیں؟
100۔دو گز زمین بھی نہ ملی کوئے یار میں کس شاعر کا ہے؟
- میر تقی میر
- بہادر شاہ ظفر
- احمد فراز